Position: Lead Researcher
Theme: Cardiovascular Disease
- Research Focus
- Community Engagement
John Horowitz is a cardiologist and an Emeritus Professor at The University of Adelaide. He continues to lead the Cardiovascular Pathophysiology and Therapeutics Research Group at the Basil Hetzel Institute, TQEH.
Prof Horowitz’s major research interests are:
- the control of nitric oxide signaling in blood vessels and platelets
- therapeutic manipulation of cellular metabolism
- treatment of angina pectoris, heart failure, aortic stenosis and Tako-Tsubo Cardiomyopathy
- Professor of Cardiology, University of Adelaide
- Director of Cardiology and Clinical Pharmacology Unit, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Adjunct Professor, University of South Australia
- Honorary Professor, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
- Fellow, American Heart Association
Prof Horowitz is available to speak to the media about Cardiovascular disease, Tako-Tsubo Cardiomyopathy and Clinical Pharmacology.