- Research Focus
- Community Engagement
Rosanna is a Clinical Data Manager with the Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN) of SA Health. She has been responsible for establishing a data infrastructure to enable more effective monitoring of cardiac outcomes, and to provide benchmarking of cardiac clinical care in South Australia. Dr Tavella’s most noteworthy achievement has been the establishment of the Coronary Angiogram Database of South Australia (CADOSA).
CADOSA is a benchmark clinical registry in Australia with international collaborations with the National Cardiovascular Data Registry in the United States and the International Consortium of Health Outcomes Measurement. Rosanna’s work focuses on using clinical information and patient reported health outcomes to improve the quality of care provided to cardiovascular patients.
Rosanna is currently the Chair of the BHI Management Committee (2017-2020).
Read about CADOSA in a story, “Unique Australian Database to Improve Coronary Heart Disease Outcomes“, on the Australian Heart Research website.
Rosanna’s primary research focus includes health statistics; clinical epidemiology and cardiovascular health outcomes particularly patient reported outcome measures (PROMS). Her research efforts focus on translational medicine and exploring ways of improving the application of evidence-based medicine and guidelines into clinical practice.
Rosanna is currently available to co-supervisor honours and PhD students through the University of Adelaide.
- BSc (Honours)
- PhD (Medicine)
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Lodge St Alban Research Scholarship
- Dean’s commendation for thesis excellence
- Tom Simpson Trust Fund Award
- American Heart Association Early Career Member
Positions held (in last 10 years)
- Clinical Data Manger, Central Adelaide Local Health Network, SA Health
- Senior Lecturer in Medicine, The University of Adelaide
- Clinical Data Manager, Statewide Cardiology Clinical Network, SA Health
- Clinical Research Coordinator: Investigator Initiated Study ‘Insignificant Coronary Artery Disease’
- Research Officer: Take Heart Study – detection and management of depression in patients with heart disease
1. South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute, Adelaide Registry Consortium (2014-present)
2. Central Adelaide Local Health Network, Medical Directorate ACCORD (Advisory Council Coordinating Oversight of Resilient Dynamism) Committee (2013-present)
3. Central Adelaide Local Health Network, Cardiology Executive Committee – Member (2013-2015)
4. Central Adelaide Local Health Network, Clinicians Leading Care Team (2013)
5. South Australian Cardiology Network Prevention and Rehabilitation Workgroup – Member (2012-present)
6. South Australian Cardiology Network Data & Information Workgroup – Member (2012- present). Currently Executive Officer of this working group.
7. Coronary Angiogram Database of South Australia Steering Committee – Member (2012-present).