Australian Institute of Policy & Science: Young Tall Poppy Science Awards 2019
CALHN Internal Closing Date: 10 April 2019
The prestigious annual Young Tall Poppy Science Awards aim to recognise the achievements of Australia’s outstanding young scientific researcher sand communicators.
Uniquely, these awards recognise excellence in early career research across all the sciences including mathematics, alongside a passion and capacity to communicate science to the community.
Open to residents of the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia working in all fields of science, including biomedical, engineering, mathematics, technology and other applied or cross-disciplinary sciences.
Nominations must also:
- be no more than 35 years of age as at the nomination closing date;
- hold a PhD;
- be working in Australia and have undertaken a significant portion of their postgraduate research in Australia, and be committed to carrying out their research/work in Australia in 2019 to allow them to participate in research activities;
- be individual scientists (not research teams). Self-nominations are not eligible;
- be either permanent residents or citizens of Australia. New Zealand citizens may also apply, subject to fulfilling the above criteria.
- The selection committee will take into account personal or extenuating circumstances that might provide grounds for consideration outside the above age criterion. Please include details in the nomination form such as: time out for maternity/parental leave, significant breaks in research time
SUBMISSION TO THE SPONSOR DUE DATE: 10 APRIL 2019
CALHN SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
TQEH Research staff (Clinical and Affiliate Title Holders) affiliated with the University of Adelaide, and Non-affiliated staff Please co-ordinate your application through TQEH Research Secretariat.
Contact: Gwenda Graves phone: 8222 6870 email@example.com
RAH and SA PATHOLOGY Research staff (Clinical and Affiliate Title Holders) affiliated with the University of Adelaide, and Non-affiliated staff Please co-ordinate your application through CALHN Research Office.
Contact: 7117 2217 Health.CALHNResearchGrants@sa.gov.au
For further information and application instructions please visit: