Survival skills for researchers
“Survival skills for researchers: papers, collaborations and grants” was presented at the BHI by Professor Robert McLaughlin, from the University of Adelaide, on Wednesday 26 July 2017. He has generously agreed to provide a pdf of his presentation for BHI researchers.
Thesis Writing Tips
The following links (mostly to blog sites) were provided by BHI Alumni Clare McNally.
- The Thesis Whisperer, who also has a good book.
- Patter (Pat Thomson). Including “Choosing your words – starting the PhD“. Pat also has some great books, including one written for supervisors that can be useful to students too.
- Shut Up & Write Tuesdays
- On the Write Track
- TeamViz – Unleash your productivity (a planning and task tracking tool)
- Rock Your Research – good links are available through this website, although the podcasts have stopped.
- The Doctoral Writing Special Interest Group (a group of academics from The University of Adelaide, including Cally Guerin)
- The Research Whisperer
If you have any other helpful sites you’d like to share with other students, please send links to [email protected]