MRFF: Indigenous Health Research
Award Title: Indigenous Health Research
CALHN Internal Closing Date: 05 February 2020
Up to $13.5M in health and medical research grants over three years is available for Indigenous-led projects to drive improvements in outcomes for four key health challenges. This is an opportunity for multidisciplinary teams of researchers to undertake collaborative, intervention-focused research to inform and transform the way the health system improves health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The grants will support practical, innovative health research into the best approaches to prevention, early intervention and treatment.
FUNDING AND ELIGIBILITY
Up to $2M is available per research project, which must focus on one or more of:
- Ending avoidable blindness and deafness: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have a higher incidence of hearing and sight loss compared with non-Indigenous Australians
- Preventing chronic kidney disease: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people experience approximately seven times the burden of disease due to chronic kidney disease than non-Indigenous Australians
- Improving adolescent mental health: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adolescents experience significantly higher mortality rates compared with non-Indigenous Australians and experience a higher burden of disease from causes related to social and emotional wellbeing, including suicide.
Research should be led by Indigenous people and conducted through close engagement with Indigenous communities.
SUBMISSION TO THE SPONSOR DUE DATE: 12 FEBRUARY 2020
CALHN SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
TQEH Research staff (Clinical and Affiliate Title Holders) affiliated with the University of Adelaide, and Non-affiliated staff Please co-ordinate your application through TQEH Research Secretariat.
Contact: Gwenda Graves phone: 8222 6870 email@example.com
RAH and SA PATHOLOGY Research staff (Clinical and Affiliate Title Holders) affiliated with the University of Adelaide, and Non-affiliated staff Please co-ordinate your application through CALHN Research Services.
Contact: 7117 2217 Health.CALHNResearchGrants@sa.gov.au
SUBMISSION BY UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE RESEARCHERS
- 5 February 2020: applications submitted for internal review
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
SUBMISSION BY UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA RESEARCHERS
For submission details please contact:
Research and Innovation Services
University of South Australia
Mawson Lakes Campus
Phone: 8302 3247
All UniSA applications require a completed and signed hard copy of the Grant Application Coversheet to accompany the application.
Refer to the UniSA funding calendar here.
For further information and application instructions please visit the grant website.