Case reports aim to improve global health and increase clinical understanding by conveying important best practice information or by sharing teaching points from rare or unusual situations.
- Case studies should not encompass more than five patients
- The author(s) must be involved in the direct care of the patient
- The author(s) must obtain written consent from the patient (where practical)
- All information including images/photographs must be de-identified/non-identifiable
Consent must be obtained from participants from participants via the CALHN Case Report Patient Consent Form.
- Discuss the proposal with the patient
- Obtain written consent from the patient
- Draft the case report
- Obtain head of department approval
- Submit to CALHN Research Services:
- The signed patient consent form
- The abstract
- Approval from Head of Department (email is sufficient)
For further information contact CALHN Research Services on 08 7117 2224, or via email at [email protected].