The Hospital Research Foundation: Inaugural ‘Your Choice’ Patient Impact Grant Round 2019
CALHN Internal Closing Date: 08 March 2019
The Hospital Research Foundation (THRF) is proud to invite applications in its inaugural “Your Choice” Patient Impact Round. This initiative allows THRF supporters to play a key role in deciding how their donations
will make an impact in the community.
Supporters have first been asked to select the two areas of healthcare that matter most to them. This result has informed the two areas for this grant round: Aged Care and Cancer Patient Support.
FUNDING AND DURATION
The following grants will be awarded, with funding commencing 1 July 2019 for a 12 month project:
- One grant of $200,000, in the field of Aged Care
- One grant of $200,000, in the field of Cancer Patient Support
The application can be for a clinical research project or patient care initiative that meets the following criteria:
- The conduction of the project implies direct contact with the patient population considered
- The project will deliver a tangible impact to the patient population considered, either in hospitals or the community. The impact must be measurable within three years of project completion
- Applicants must have a formal affiliation with a South Australian University, Local Health Network (LHN), or other research or healthcare institute. The CIA’s primary institutional affiliation must be in
South Australia. Applicants must list one of the following Administering Institutions on their
- The University of Adelaide,
- the University of South Australia,
- Flinders University,
- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network,
- Central Adelaide Local Health Network,
- Southern Adelaide Local Health Network,
- Country Health Local Health Network
- or the South Australia Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI).
- For applicants with an affiliation with a LHN: grant applications must be endorsed by the LHN’s CEO Office via an endorsement letter that needs to be uploaded during the application process on SmartyGrants
- Applicants can only submit one application for one category (either Aged Care or Cancer Patient Support)
- Applicants who currently hold, or have held THRF funding previously, are eligible to apply providing other eligibility criteria can be met.
SUBMISSION TO THE SPONSOR DUE DATE 15 MARCH 2019
CALHN SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
TQEH Research staff (Clinical and Affiliate Title Holders) affiliated with the University of Adelaide, and Non-affiliated staff Please co-ordinate your application through TQEH Research Secretariat.
Contact: Gwenda Graves phone: 8222 6870 firstname.lastname@example.org
RAH and SA PATHOLOGY Research staff (Clinical and Affiliate Title Holders) affiliated with the University of Adelaide, and Non-affiliated staff Please co-ordinate your application through CALHN Research Office.
Contact: 7117 2217 Health.CALHNResearchGrants@sa.gov.au
SUBMISSION BY UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE RESEARCHERS
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 8 March 2019
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
SUBMISSION BY UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA RESEARCHERS
For submission details please contact:
Research and Innovation Services
University of South Australia
Mawson Lakes Campus
Phone: 8302 3247
All UniSA applications require a completed and signed hard copy of the Grant Application Coversheet to accompany the application.
Refer to the UniSA funding calendar here.
For further information and application instructions please visit: