University of Adelaide – North Carolina State University: Starter Grants for Research Collaboration 2019
Award Title: Starter Grants for Research Collaboration
CALHN Internal Closing Date: 31 October 2019
The strategic partnership between the University of Adelaide (UA) and North Carolina State University (NC State) is a preferred relationship to leverage complementary strengths and trans-disciplinary scholarship to advance research collaboration as well as academic exchanges. This funding program is designed to provide pump-priming and early contact partner outreach with the expectation that they will lead to more substantive engagement resulting in high-quality outputs. Potential high quality outputs include international research training for graduate students and/or early career faculty, publication of joint papers from collaborative research, or follow-on joint research funding bids.
- Defense, cyber, and space
- Agriculture and food security
- Global/One Health (human, animal, and environment)
- Materials and chemical engineering
FUNDING AND DURATION
Each project is eligible for co-funding up to AUD $10,000 (UA) and approx. US $6,750 (NC State) to support travel and research costs. Funds will be made available to lead investigators via their respective institutions after 1 January 2020.
Proposals are invited from permanent, tenured or tenure track faculty or research professionals at NC State University (those who comply with Sponsored Programs eligibility requirements) and academic and research only staff at the University of Adelaide.
SUBMISSION TO THE SPONSOR DUE DATE 31 OCTOBER 2019
CALHN SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
TQEH Research staff (Clinical and Affiliate Title Holders) affiliated with the University of Adelaide, and Non-affiliated staff Please co-ordinate your application through TQEH Research Secretariat.
Contact: Gwenda Graves phone: 8222 6870 email@example.com
RAH and SA PATHOLOGY Research staff (Clinical and Affiliate Title Holders) affiliated with the University of Adelaide, and Non-affiliated staff Please co-ordinate your application through CALHN Research Office.
Contact: 7117 2217 Health.CALHNResearchGrants@sa.gov.au
SUBMISSION BY UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE RESEARCHERS
- Submissions close: 31 October 2019
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application form at https://global.ncsu.edu/research-and-funding/adelaide/ and upload all supporting documents.
- Only one application is required from either Principal Investigator (PI) at NC State or UA for jointly drafted proposals.
- Additional requirements for UA applicants: please complete your internal RFR eForm through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 9000730.
SUBMISSION BY UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA RESEARCHERS
For submission details please contact:
Research and Innovation Services
University of South Australia
Mawson Lakes Campus
Phone: 8302 3247
All UniSA applications require a completed and signed hard copy of the Grant Application Coversheet to accompany the application.
Refer to the UniSA funding calendar here.
For further information and application instructions please visit: