Professor Guy Maddern was reappointed to the position of Director of Research at TQEH-BHI for a five year term in March 2020. This leadership position has been critical to furthering the aims of research excellence and enhancing the research reputation of TQEH.
The following support structures exist at the BHI:
- BHI Policy Committee
- BHI Facility Manager
Established in 1996, the Basil Hetzel Institute Policy Committee (formerly the Clinical Development Research Centre Policy Committee) provides strategic advice for the running of the BHI and to optimise the available support programs across The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (TQEH).
The Committee is comprised of senior representatives from:
- the two Universities with whom the Hospital is affiliated, The University of Adelaide and the University of South Australia
- academic Heads of Departments at TQEH (Medicine & Surgery)
- the scientific community
Sub-Committees assist the BHI Policy Committee as required:
- BHI Management Committee, chaired by Associate Professor Rosanna Tavella, Translational Vascular Function Research Collaborative, The University of Adelaide.
- BHI Research Advisory Committee, chaired by Dr Eric Smith, Solid Tumour Group, The University of Adelaide.
- BHI Scholarship Selection Committee, chaired by Professor Guy Maddern, awards a range of Scholarships funded by The Hospital Research Foundation Group.
- TQEH Research Expo Organising Committee, chaired by Dr Prue Cowled, plans and runs the annual TQEH Research Expo event every October.
The BHI Facility Manager is responsible for laboratory management, operations, compliance and general assistance for researchers.
Ground Floor, The Institute (DX465101)
Basil Hetzel Institute for Translational Health Research
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
28 Woodville Road
Woodville South SA 5011
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +61 8 8222 7427
Fax: +61 8 8222 7872